Our students are not content to be just students. Therefore, they seek to promote involvement and integration among all those who are part of the community.
Representation of the Student Community in the Institution’s Bodies
Higher Education Institutions must ensure the participation of students in the governance of the Institution. Students are represented at the level of the Pedagogical Council body.
The Pedagogical Council is made up of an equal number of students and teachers representing the courses, as well as the Head of ISPGAYA, who is inherently Head of the Pedagogical Council and a representative of all students.
Information on the constitution and regulation of the Pedagogical Council can be consulted on the student platform.
ISPGAYA students enrolled in courses leading to a higher professional technician degree or diploma may enjoy special statutes, namely:
- Working Student Statute;
- Student Director Associative;
- Firefighter Student;
- Student in Maternity and Paternity;
- Student with Special Educational Needs;
- Military Student;
- Student in Mobility;
- Student Member of the Pedagogical Council;
For more information on how to take advantage of the statutes, contact the academic services.
Accreditation/Certification of Competencies
The process of acknowledgment and accreditation/certification of competences for continuing studies with a view to obtaining an academic degree or diploma is regulated by Decree-Law no. 65/2018, of 16 August, and set out in the Academic and Vocational Training Accreditation Regulation of ISPGAYA.
ISPGAYA credits in its study cycles the training carried out within the scope of:
- Other higher study cycles in national or foreign higher education institutions;
- Obtained within the framework of the organisation resulting from the Bologna Process, or the one obtained previously;
- Training carried out within the scope of technological specialisation courses;
- Higher education courses not awarding degrees;
- Other post-secondary training;
- Skills acquired through professional experience when duly proven.
Course Certificate, Diploma/Course Letter and Diploma Supplement
In polytechnic higher education, the academic degrees of graduate and master are conferred and the diploma of professional superior technician is conferred.
In accordance with the legislation in force, the degrees of diplomas awarded are drawn up and subscribed by the legally and statutorily competent body ISPGAYA. Ownership of degrees and diplomas is proven by a registration certificate, called a diploma.
The issuance of the Course Certificate and Diploma/Course Letter is requested by the student after completing their academic training, and is subject to the payment of the fees defined in the price l ist of documents in person or by email.
The Diploma Supplement is a document that complements the course certificate or diploma/Course letter awarded at the end of a study cycle.
Framed by the recommendations of the Bologna Declaration and following a model prepared by the European Commission, the Council of Europe and UNESCO/CEPES, this document is deemed an instrument to facilitate the mobility and employability of graduates in the European space, which is why it is a bilingual document.
With the aim of providing independent and sufficient data to improve the academic and professional acknowledgment of the qualifications awarded, the Diploma Supplement consists of eight sections, namely:
- Information about the qualification holder;
- Information that identifies the qualification;
- Qualification level information;
- Information about the content and results obtained;
- Qualification function information;
- Additional information;
- Supplement Authentication;
- Information about the national higher education system.
What extracurricular activities can be included in the diploma supplement?
- Period of study or internship (non-curricular) at ISPGAYA or at another institution or at companies, national or foreign;
- Representative in management bodies;
- Participation in research projects;
- Member of the organising committee of scientific, cultural or sporting events;
- Associative leader;
- High competition athlete or member of a representative sports team of ISPGAYA.
A student who performs one or more of these activities must obtain from the competent certifying entity a document proving the activities that they will deliver to the Secretariat, to add to their process and, in the future, to be included in their Diploma Supplement.
More information available on the website of the General Directorate of Higher Education .